Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Radio at 5:30pm

I've noticed this odd trend in the last few weeks. I'm sure it existed before but I just discovered it. Around 5:30pm everyday and lasting until 5:35pm or so, all radio stations play commercials. Not music. And not one station - ALL stations. It's like they all agreed to play music definitely at 5pm because that's when people get off work but 5:30? Eh, let's pause for a moment and play an ad. I understand some ads and the cycle of playing music vs commercials comes and goes but it's pretty universal. I have six preset stations and I cannot find ANY music during those five minutes or so. I will listen to any kind of music just to have music but there's nothing.

Next time you're in the car at 5:30pm, try the radio and see what happens. Funny, huh?

No comments: