Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grateful v3.0

There are just so many stories in the news I want to write about but they all make me sad and tired. The father and two of his sons killed in a completely random, not "road rage" as the press is saying, act in SF; a suspect has been arrested and while he is innocent until proven guilty, it doesn't look like he's innocent based on evidence. But his fancy pants lawyer is working overtime to spin the gang member as a sweet family man with a wife and baby including having the wife on the news saying, "Everyone is surprised" as they show pic after pic of him with his fellow rough gang members. BS you're surprised. BS. I just don't even know what else to say. Bullshit.

The huge accident on 880 today that shut down the freeway and killed two people. I'm sorry.

The fires, asthma problems, housing crisis, Bank of America laying off 7,500 employees after buying Countrywide, young kids that are sick - does anyone else just feel sad from the world sometimes?

I don't take being grateful for things lightly but I want to be grateful as a discipline, to turn away from what comes too easily - everything else.


So with that, things I'm grateful for:

1) Health insurance and being healthy

2) Healthy Choice chocolate fudgesicles

3) A working fast cool computer

4) My free tv

5) the Alameda library, free books

6) Mitch and Nora








Nora's paw looks like a shrunken money paw, lol.

No comments: