Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summertime in Oakland

It feels different, the summertime in the hood.

I don't like walking alone at night as much, compared to the winter which is a bit odd. I don't carry a purse at night and def not my laptop.

My neighbors have more parties, drink more, play music louder and longer, and ironically it all makes me want to stay inside in the summer.

I get more random guys saying stuff and driving slow by me in the summer. I try to not dress nice or wear a skirt. I intentionally put on a uniform, the most casual I can be.

It doesn't make me want to buy ice cream from the ice cream man or go to a burrito truck, which I feel more comfortable doing in the winter.

And all this time, I thought that summer would be the most fun. Well, the firework show was amazing and it's nice it's not raining. Besides that, I'm ok with fall coming.

No comments: