Tuesday, March 18, 2008

East Oakland fire claims mother's last two sons

I'm so sorry :(

I realize I feel burnt out on the violence and the crime in Oakland. I tend to read them but not post about it. What to say? One of the sons ran back into the fire to rescue his disabled brother. They both died, found with the first brother lying on top of the second to protect him.

What do you say? How do you react? I'm sorry for this tragedy. I'm sorry for my ambivalence and turning away in not knowing how to help.

From the article:

To help with the burial costs donations can be made to Bank of America, Freddie and Jr. Memorial Fund.

God, please comfort the mother and the family, and help the community come around to provide financial assistance for the family that is both grieving and homeless.

No comments: