Thursday, September 11, 2008

Palin

I'm not going to say anything new, that hasn't already been said.

My reaction to her speech was like, wow. She didn't hold anything back. I also thought as I watched kinda amazed she was so bold in her attacks on Obama. And stuff wasn't even true. Wow, you have a pair, woman.

But I also thought, ok, I can maybe understand how some ppl, esp those in the red states so to speak, could like what she's saying. But only in terms of leading America, which is actually only half of the job description of the presidency, which let's be honest, she's basically applying for that job. Old man McCain who?

What's the other half? Representing America and American interests in international relations. And how could anyone watch her and think she could wisely fulfill that half of the job? Two reasons why she can't: 1) Not only no experience bc Obama doesn't either and no candidate ever does, but no history of having to partner with other leaders. This is where a Senator trumps a Governor, who can do whatever the heck they want (yes you, Shwarze-I-Hate-you-governator) within reason. 2) She seems just like Bush - strong-willed, stubborn, clear opinion and focused. I don't want another Bush negotiating with our world leaders.

Which yeah, how exactly is the McCain/Palin ticket selling their campaign as opposite of Bush when they're just like Bush? Mavericks, trust them, they can lead. No, I want a leader who knows he needs a strong team with them bc that means he knows how to work with people and compromise. I'll take that over someone who sticks to their guns, sometimes literally.

No comments: