Thursday, November 15, 2007

Busybusybusy

Life has ramped up quickly. Last week was kinda slow and space to daydream and think too much. This week is full though of course I squeeze in time to think too much. It's me and that's just part of my DNA unfortunately :)

I'm going into the city tonight to meet Cary Tennis at his book reading in the Haight. I'm looking forward to it - the whole experience of listening to an author read his first book, in a bookstore. I really respect his writing and his publishing the book himself after bigger publishing houses wouldn't print it. I admire his taking the next step in living a creative life. So I guess I'm going to meet him and support someone trying to speak out his creative voice. Go writers!

"Project Runway" started last night. I'm trying not to get too into it bc I can only three episodes before I move into a new place with no TV or cable (do they show the eps on Bravo.com?) but I do love it. I was thinking this morning as I watched my tivo'd show, that it's so popular bc it's PG rated. It's not about sex or romance and the designers are really skilled. It's totally the show that as I watch, I admire their abilities more and more, and realize how different I am than them. Other reality shows sometimes make me think, "Oh, I could do that." I like a show that raises the bar and shows how they're experts and I'm not.

Time to start packing hardcore. My books are first as they need the best strongest boxes (yes, I move so much that I keep my hard-fought good fruit boxes from Safeway). I've been slowly cleaning out stuff, throwing away, donating to Hopalong, donating to Salvation Army, starting to lend to friends. I like to take a move as a month-long process of slowly cleaning out my life and making a new one. I like moving and creating a new space (looking forward to having my own space again) but the day of the move gets me anxious. I'm trying to pray through and release all the worry and just enjoy moving in. I waste a lot of time preparing for the worst and I want to think differently. Not the first time I've come to this realization but I am working toward it anew.

No comments: