Monday, November 12, 2007

Life and stuff

Wow, the Colts/Chargers game last night on Sunday Night Football was crazzzy! I started watching in the middle of the third quarter when Chargers were leading 23-10. They had been leading 23-0. Peyton Manning is so strong and drove his team to come back SOO close but they missed a 2pt conversion (go Chargers defense!), MISSED a 29yd field goal (what the??), and Peyton threw a personal and team record of 6 interceptions (thought the 6th one was the last play of the game) to lose in the end. I wish I had gotten to watch the first half where Chargers scored two touchdowns on the opening kickoff and a punt return. And one of the Colts' 4thQ touchdowns was when Rivers, the SD QB, fumbled the ball in their endzone and the defense scrambled for it. Easy 6 points but then the stopped 2 pts.

Damn that was a heart attack game.

I finished Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie. A good one. I won't tell who did it but I love her misleading plots.

YEY to my 28 minute commute this morning. I love commuting on Federal Holidays!! Seriously though, thank you Veterans.

I started eating more organic food including organic yogurt and milk. And buying non-cage eggs (where the chickens roam free and don't have their beaks cut off). It costs a bit more but as I focus on what I eat and buy, I find I buy less - only what I need. Or at least I try my best to. Last night I got yummy food from Trader Joe's including papaya mango salsa, asparagus, organic lowfat milk, meat lasagna, oldstyle potato salad, Asian peanut vinaigrette, molasses/chocolate/sugar cookies and maple turkey slices. I can't wait for my meals this week :) When I got home, I made this meal of salad (romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, warm chicken slices, and the peanut vinaigrette), milk, and half a small prepared pizza. I'm trying to make meals more of an event so I used a placemat and sat at the table. I tried really hard to not watch TV but the above mentioned football game was on. Then I put two cookies on a cute plate and ate my dessert while I finished watching the game. I was done and didn't eat after. Let's see if I can continue the trend!

I FINALLY bought a new digital camera. Long time coming esp as my last two trips I relied on my friends' cameras instead of my ancient five yr old Kodak digital. I ordered it from Amazon and hope to see it this week. Excited :)

And I finally finished the MyPublisher album on Sat too. Four hours on Sat, maybe a total of 20 hours or so. The limit is 100 pages so I had to go back and tighten things up. I'm actually glad for that, forcing me to edit. I think it was good I did it slowly over a month, time to come back with fresh eyes and edit constantly. I'm going to wait to order it after I move so it's not another thing I have to pack and unpack.

No comments: