Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Lots o' changes

1. Moving in Dec. 1 to the back unit of a house (owned by a family in my church, rented by three women in my church). All had happened kinda suddenly but it makes sense.

2. I've been job searching the last month. Applying, writing way too many lengthy cover letters, researching jobs, interviewing, considering job offers... and in the end, I've decided to stay with my current position at around 30 hrs with more working from home. There is something else that is possibly going to happen with it but too soon to discuss. Feels exciting, invigorating, like my life has a direction. Sept and Oct sucked big time as bad work months. This yr has had its moments but those two take the sucky cake.

What else? Let's see, I've been working from home the last three work days and I love not commuting so much. Today I'm in the office again and the stupid 880 had stupid traffic and it took me a stupid 67 minutes to get here. I hate toll booths now and carpool lanes that no one uses (I actually pray that ppl would cheat and move into the carpool lanes with only one person so that my lane would go quicker). I do sometimes struggle with staying focused at home but with the move very present on my mind, I feel naturally distracted with cleaning up/planning for it. Cleaning out my closet, donating clothes, clearing my old laptop so I can recycle it, planning to the inch where everything's going to go in my new dollhouse space. I was happy to stop by on Sunday and see that it's bigger than I remembered and I will be able to fit my couch in. I took camera pics and spent like an hour yesterday looking at them and planning where my furniture would go. Well, that and cruising Target.com to see what kitchen island would work to add counter space but maximize storage.

I'm also trying to finish up doing an electronic scrapbook through MyPublisher of my Turkey and Greece trip. For myself but more to get as a Christmas present for my mom. I have a buy one, get one free coupon and I thought it would be a great way to check off a task for myself and get my mom something she'd love. And yes, my mom will love a detailed scrapbook of my trip with lots of captions. But this thing is taking FOREVER. The software seems so slow to respond and doesn't allow a lot of words next to the pics and I have to flip back and forth between my Picasa page where I painstakingly wrote in captions in June to add them to the album. It's taking so long! I know it'll look good when it's done but grr. I finally got to Greece and am doing our ferry boat ride from Santorini to Mykonos. Getting there...

Ok, back to work...

No comments: