Monday, February 11, 2008

There will be Oscars

A clip from Funnyordie.com mocking Daniel Day-Lewis from There Will Be Blood. Which is not titled There Should Be Blood or There's the Blood as I kept accidentally calling it when talking with Marjie. GREAT movie, by the way. What can Daniel Day-Lewis not be excellent in?



How do you darn underline on Blogger??

Here's the trailer and official site of the movie. I'm glad I hadn't seen the trailer because I went in hearing it was good but not really knowing anything besides it being about oil in the early 1900's in America. What emerges is a messy mix of religion and oil with two strong performances by the two main characters.

And I walked out thinking this movie should win for music and sound editing. I can't think of any other movie I thought that about. Unfortunately because of stupid rules, it can't be nominated for Original Score bc a small amount of the music is classical music or written a year before the movie was made. Dumb. Watch it and tell me that sound/music isn't a main part of the story - almost like location is for others.

I still need to see No Country for Old Men... but 3:10 to Yuma starts slow but ends with a great scene.

No comments: