Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First entry!

Wow, I finally have created a blog. Long time coming... it's not like it's 2007 or anything.

I've been thinking about starting one for awhile but I've hesitated because I'm just not sure how I feel about putting my thoughts and feelings out there on the world wide web. I've hesitated because though I enjoy hearing about my friends' lives, sometimes it feels overwhelming to keep up on all their blogs and I wondered if I would feel the same about my own blog. What would I write? When? How much would I disclose about myself? I know, no one besides three sweet nice friends will be reading this (Hi, Friend 1, 2, and 3!) but still, the hesitations were there.

I guess what finally pushed me over to the dark side was wanting to write more in my life. To put out there my mini-essays on life and all that I find myself "writing" in my head as I drive home across the Bay Bridge every evening. Thoughts on American Idol (don't watch it and still can't quite get the craziness), traveling/living internationally (too many thoughts to summarize succinctly in a parantheses), and following God as a white woman in my 20's in Oakland. And I love experiments, games, and dares, and maybe this is yet another experiment I'm putting myself through just to see what happens.

So... let the game begin!

5 comments:

Nic B. said...

Bravo to you!! I'm too scared (& too old) to start a blog. Looking forward to it!! Luv, Mo

chia said...

welcome to the show.

it's kind of crazy out here!

dares huh?
i dare you to write about people who/'ve inspired you.

mo, you're not too old. ... the water's warm...

-chia

sunnysblog@gmail.com said...

welcome to sharing thoughts online. you might like it :)

nhuanh. said...

yay, i like reading other people's blogs. i have one, but it's been obsolete for awhile. ill let you know if i start writing in it again.

OrangeCat said...

Oooh, good dare Chia, people who have inspired me... I'll write some on that soon!