Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm a quote roll...

Again from Cary Tennis from today's letter:

While in science many problems are difficult because they are complex, in life many problems are difficult because they are simple, but we are human and we want everything.

I think that's so true. When I think about what kind of life Jesus calls us to, it's actually pretty simple. But it's hard because we don't like sacrifice, pain, discomfort, looking foolish, vulnerability, etc. Ok, I don't like those things :)

And it's hard because I want everything. I want to talk with God and hear from Him, but I want to do whatever I want with my time. I want humility but I choose pride. I want to live simply and give more of my money away but I want that new dress too. I want it all!

But I gots to choose!

No comments: