Friday, June 29, 2007

A pleasant surprise this morning

I've been listening to one worship cd in my car on repeat for the last few months with occasional breaks when I try to get my iPod to work with the fancy dancy iPod connector (that really just fries its brain and has already led to one replaced battery...grrr).

I like the cd, a mix one of our church's worship leaders put together for our retreat in Jan, and can definitely listen to one song/cd for days or weeks* but decided this morning to try something else. I pulled out all my random cd's in my car door and started thumbing through them.

Since I sold almost all my cd's on Half.com after I got my iPod two years ago, I have quite the random collection based on what strangers didn't want to buy. Steve Miller Band, Billie Holiday Collection, Celine Dion, Passion: One Day, my friend Ruben's band MOVE, plus random burnt cd's from peeps. All were labeled except one blank gray cover.

Hmmm... I popped it in and fast-paced Christian music started. I'm not usually a fan of contemporary non-worship Christian stuff but I decided to try it and found it fun and energizing for the morning drive**. I found myself smiling along and even replaying one of the songs.

I have no idea where I got this cd or who gave it to me. So thank you anonymous friend, this felt like a cool gift from God this morning :)

*Yes, one song "Wait up for me" by my friend Ben Patterson's band Tremolo I played on repeat in my car for over a wk, it really is that good - go check it out on iTunes right now!

** Which btw, thank you Jesus for Friday summer traffic which is light as cotton candy at the Del Mar fair bc everyone's on vacation. Please stay on vacation people!

No comments: