Monday, January 7, 2008

Updates!

First, a touching article about a personal story of someone whose mom survived breat cancer. Not the whole story but a snippet of daily life after surviving. My mom's sister passed away from breast cancer and my mom's best friend is a survivor so it's very personal for her, and for me.

I resigned from my recruiter job last week. It's been building up but still happened quicker than I expected. Tense the first day but also felt glad and relieved, a good move. For the first time in my life, I don't need to rush out and get another job finance-wise. I'm taking a short break though I'm talking to people about next positions and actually interviewing tomorrow for something that could be a good fit. Ideally I would start work in early to mid-February.

I'm still angry about the tiger incident that happened in SF. As more details come out about the empty vodka bottle in the car and the survivors making a pact in the ambulance to not talk, my anger remains.

I started my Development Director position (only 10 hours) at church and I'm enjoying it. A bit all over the place but after today, I feel like I'm helping make a difference. So I'm not unemployed just underemployed. Hee hee.

I started reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius which was a Nobel Prize Finalist for Literature. Good, a bit much with the cute/ironic/"awesome" talk but you know the author intended it to be that way. I like it though I find myself breezing past some of the paragraphs. Started it last night and I'm one third done.

Nora is being cat-crazy and running around my place, meowing frantically for no real reason. Mitch is half watching her and half running around after her. Cats!

2 comments:

shyampatel said...

I hope you get an awesome new job that better inspires you than your last!

I haven't read staggering genius but I read his other book you shall know our velocity. That book is very good (if you want to borrow it) and I just got his newest book, what is the what.

Anonymous said...

Ah, thanks Shyam - I hope I like this next job better too!

I'd love to borrow what is the what; it's on my amazon wishlist right now but free is always better.