Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Agh

Ok, I'm done. I'm done with new things, things needing to be improved, things needed to be unpacked or returned or purchased or cleaned up or refilled. Oh, and I'm tired of traffic and commuting. Sooo tired of commuting.

I came in this morning to Outlook 2007 which I'm glad for but it's a change, and I'm trying to get used to the new look. And I'm having to make all the little changes to make it the way I want it. Then I said, shoot, let me try Mozilla instead of IE bc I've heard it's better. But it's not set up the same and my gmail button isn't on the top and it's annoying. I closed it all and opened IE back up. I can't handle any more changes.

I feel like I'm going to Target or Bed Bath and Beyond everyday - both to purchase things but also to scout out options at various stores before buying. I went to BBB yesterday and got among other things a shower curtain liner and curtain rings. I get home, it's late, I slowly take down the old curtain to put the new one up, only to discover that the rings are too big for the liner. WTF? There's no way around it, these rings are S-shaped and end with a big silver ball. The ball doesn't go through the liner's circles. Shit. What do I return, the liner (which I just ripped the packaging for bc it wouldn't open easily) or the rings (which were a pain in the ass to get out of the box and will be an equal pain to get back in)? I am tempted to just throw the liner away and buy a new one. But no, I decide on the rings, take ten minutes to put them back in (sidenote - stupid wireless keyboard that keeps skipping letters when I type fast and makes me go back every other word), fish the old curtain out of the trash, and slowly put it back up with the old-school plastic rings. Great, nothing accomplished and 30 minutes wasted. Plus back pain.

I'm in a grouchy mood today. Fair warning.

My landlords came over last night to look at some things I brought to their attention. You know, I feel frustrated with this. Shouldn't all these things be done by the time I moved in? If I left an apt the way I got it, I would definitely not have gotten my full deposit back. I'm trying to be patient but I feel like everyone wants patience and flexibility from me. I have nothing left, and really need to be either left alone or not have all these problems.

I'm venting. I'm happy to be here but I'm now just tired. Things I want to do, but there are things every night this week. Boxes are still there, things are messy, I can't find things, I can't set the cats litter the way I want it so they're tracking litter around. There's no extra room to put anything and it's raining so the few boxes I put outside are ruined.

Can I go home now?? My back hurts and I want a massage.

No comments: