Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My name on google

I am not:

C) A CPA

D) "Fashion expert" and owner of a "Atlanta-based exclusive loft shopping locale and fashion event"

E) A dog therapist in New York

F) Writer/commenter/not dead zombie (?) on a horror website

It is interesting where my name (both the not-me's and me) comes up though. Very different from even a few years ago. This is all one reason I don't put my real name on this blog. I have it open so people from all over find me through searching on google or clicking on Blogspot's running name list. I know most people only click for that one post (I think only my friends are repeat readers) but still... you never know. I don't want my blog to come up in a Google search of me. When you put your name on Facebook, an Evite, LinkedIn or other sites, your name will come up in searches. FYI in case you're job searching. Recruiters are hard core part-time coders - they can find ANYTHING on the web.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your name can be found in an eight second Google search for that quote or researching who held that title that year. Just in case you'd like to maintain your privacy.

OrangeCat said...

Almost ten years later but I want to thank you for your comment. I deleted some of that post because I would like to maintain privacy.