Friday, December 7, 2007

Appel and Frank

I had a great time last night at Appel and Frank's Stockings and Stilettos event in SF with Dar(lene). She's so busy with her house remodeling and projects, and church volunteering, and hubby that it's hard to see her anymore. I love our friendship and miss hanging out with my fellow artistic, crafty, book-loving, cat-loving and -owning friend. I have a few ppl leftver from college that I exchange "meows" with in emails - she is in that small group of people who love/tolerate/bond with my cat eccentricity. So it was REALLY good to spend time with her :)

And I also got some great jewelry, a bag, lovelovelove this one designer's stationary and gifts for people including deluxe chocolate. Let me see if I can rummage up some pics from the designer's sites...

I realize one way to cheer me up when I'm down or discouraged by the world is to surround/submerge myself with creative people like going to a writer's book reading or a Bay Area designer's event like Appel and Frank or go to a museum and see art or hear beautiful music. My heart becomes happy as I see creative people expressing themselves, putting their energy and vulnerable spirits out there, and even trying to make a living off of it. I feel like, "Oh, the world isn't so bad if [this beautiful creative energy and talent] exists. Look at how God has passed on His own creative spirit and ability, just a little down to us, so that we can create these things. All is well."

No comments: