Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm in!

My email to the 10 people who awesomely helped me move on Sat:

Thank you so much for helping me move on Sat!! I know the load was not light nor easy to fit through the door or up the stairs :) but I really appreciate your coming on time and willingness to help in any way. Having so many people made it go relatively quickly. I feel like God was acting through your actions, and further confirming how community and friends make life easier and more fun. Especially when Josh walked a simple two blocks to get his power drill, I was like, wow, life is easier with friends who live close by. Nic, thanks for helping me in the morn with the Budget truck frustrations and Nhuanh, thanks so much for helping me return the truck all the way to San Leandro (esp helping me navigate the gas station by moving cones) and inviting me to dinner that night. Cheryl and house, thanks for the "welcome" cookies and soap - I love cute soaps and the cookies are yummy. Everyone, thanks for all the sweat and muscles :)

I feel happier already and keep thinking, "Finally, I'm here." Boxes are everywhere, furniture is still being rotated around, but I'm just glad to be here. Mitch and Nora are exploring their new terrain bravely, though they both feel safest hiding under the bed.

I'm looking forward to a TV-less existence, seeing what good things our faithful God has for me in this new time and neighborhood. Thank you again!!

I should add a thank you to Jill, who did the unpretty job of helping me Friday night pack and clean all the last things on my to-do list. Thanks for being so available and willing :)

No comments: