Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dark gray cat

When I came downstairs this morning, I glanced toward the back door and saw a dark gray animal staring inside. I wasn't sure if it was a small dog or an odd-looking cat. It looked kinda spooky like a ghost cat because of the dark gray fur and light blue/gray eyes. It just stood and stared at me, Mitch, and Nora. When I went over to it, I saw it was a cat with a collar of some sorts with an odd large flat nose which made it first appear non-catlike.

It was sad seeing this cat just stare at us. It felt like it was an orphan cat looking into a warm home. I thought, Nora and Mitch don't even realize how good they have it with their loving owner, full food bowl, and warm house.

I know it was just a cat, and not even a stray cat, but it made me feel grateful. And wanting to invite the cat in, but that really wouldn't work. Nor would trying to feed the strays as that becomes quickly an overwhelming task.

The cat ran away when I got close to the back door but then came back to gingerly sit and stare at us more. Nora and Mitch were curious but not going into crazy cat meow mode.

No comments: