Friday, July 13, 2007

Check your credit history every year!

Check your credit history today at www.annualcreditreport.com*. I'm sure this is common knowledge that this is free and available but consider this your daily advice for life maintenance :)

It's free once a year to get your credit report from the three agencies Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. It takes less than ten minutes and can save you hours of hassles later.

Have I mentioned that I've had someone make fraudalent charges on a credit card I didn't even know I had? Mailed to an address I lived at in college five years earlier? Yeah, it was *super* fun to get the scary collections agent call and deal with that for months.


*This website seems to be the straight nonprofit site. Once you get onto each of the agencies sites, they will try to sell you everything and the kitchen sink. Ignore as desired (though knowing your credit score every now and again is helpful) and just get to the free credit report.

No comments: