Friday, July 20, 2007

Morning Earthquake ( Filed under "Only adding to tiredness")

Did anyone else feel the Oakland earthquake this morning? I woke up around 4:45am to shaking and I instantly clutched my bed, positioned near a big window, waiting and trying to decide how long it would last. Should I get out of bed? Is the window going to shatter in my face? Is this the Big One? It ended about 15 seconds later so I woke up when it was almost over (CNN says it lasted 50 seconds). Whew, now that's an alarm! It took me awhile to fall asleep again, my body was alert and heart racing.

These past few weeks I've been sleep-derived due to being really really tired but really really unable to make myself go to bed early. Work dynamics are causing stress and I feel a bit exhausted about it all. I have little leftover to give. I feel emotionally out of it, scatterbrained, absentminded and keep forgetting things. Last night I came home from the gym and then an unwise decision to try and find a Walgreens and fill a new prescription which always takes an hour, and just crashed in my gym clothes on my bed. I woke up an hour later and groggily came out to the living room. My roommate asked a simple question clearly and I had her repeat it three times because I couldn't understand. I always think I'm awake about ten minutes before I actually am. I'll wake up to the phone ringing, answer it, and awhile in, I go, "Wait, what are we talking about?"

I'm going to a Border's tonight with some ppl to watch the cultural phenomenon known as The Last Release of the Last Harry Potter book Ever. The book is released at midnight so I'm thinking, not an early night. I'll prob go gome and nap first but that always screws my sleep cycle up. I kinda wish I could just go home and sleep at 9pm...

No comments: