Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cruise moments

10 Cruise moments/ah-ha's (not in a top 10 order or anything):

1) Ask me about a few characters from the cruise nicknamed Justin Timberlake/Silk Shirt, My Type, Jaeger, Yellow Bikini/Bartender, Purple Dress, Pink Outfit, and Gross Old Man. Ha ha.

2) I'm still thrown off by the boat's rocking. As I sit in my office, I'm slightly nauseous from my office "swaying." Why doesn't it stay still? And no I have not drunk anything today. I guess I'm just really sensitive to being on a cruise ship. It's all odd to me bc I grew up doing week-long vacations on a houseboat but I don't remember being that affected. I've been told that it takes a day or two to adjust back. Eh. I heard that pirates wore eye patches because you don't get (as) seasick with only one eye open as it involved depth perception. I have been closing an eye here and there today but I think I might actually like a real eye patch.

3) The food was off the hook, better than expected. It was fun to get dressed up and eat fancy meals for free. We ordered half the menu each, almost every time. Lobster and shrimp rock!

4) I took about 5 pics with my ancient digital camera before letting Pin and Esther take the rest. I am very convinced now that I would like a new camera soon.

5) I don't like getting my bed made in hotels/cruises. They made our beds about 4 times a day. Too many times!! Stop touching my bed and clothes!

6) Cabo in 97 degree weather is way too hot for me. But snorkeling was fun.

7) I don't think I'm a cruise person but it was a fun short experiment. I think carved food is gross especially if it's a meat or cheese.

8) Watching drunk people sing karoake is more fun than I thought. Even better if they're good and it's a fun song.

9) Food that is yummy and free is awesome. Esp if there is a 24 hour frozen ice cream machine. There might have been a day where I got 3 or 4 ice cream cones. I love not having to cook or clean up. And live music sung while you're eating a scrumptious cheeseburger you didn't cook or pay for is a good day. A pina colada doesn't hurt either.

10) Esther and Pin are fun travel buddies and it was fun doing silly stuff and adventuring with them. Next time, everyone come :)

No comments: