Friday, October 19, 2007

It's been a week

It's been a week. Yesterday was the peak. I'm quietly done with tumult for awhile. Is tumult a word? Should be, it works well.

Little Nora went to the vet yesterday. It's hard to take her even for a somewhat routine thing. She doesn't like it, have to chase her around the house while Mitch watches with HUGE eyes also trying to hide unsuccessfully and seemingly grateful he is spared, she meows on the way to the vet, hides in her carrier in the vet's office then scurries low around. While I wait for the vet in the small room, I always realize I'm emotionally spent and sit slouched on the bench. I feel like I'm taking my child to the doctor and she doesn't want to go is an understatement. And it's hard to take her.

Luckily a new vet came in and gave a different remedy so to say. Not going into too much detail, it's somewhat related to Nora having kitty constipation. Now she's on a prescripion food with more fiber, given in a small amount in the day also for her to lose some weight which will make cleaning herself easier. She's got a bit of a tummy.

I used to leave food bowls out but now am putting their separate food down twice a day and watching to make sure Mitch eats his designated food and Nora hers. Technically Mitch could eat Nora's too but the prescription food is twice as expensive so Mitch gets the normal high-quality food. Did you know that most cheap cat food is mostly grains and preservatives but cats don't need carbs at all? I buy the higher quality at a discount pet store to give them some more meat in their diet. And they eat less of it too.

So yeah, that's one story from the week. One shareable story :)

No comments: