Monday, August 20, 2007

Bday wk wrapped up

I'm not exactly sure how to write about this wkend. It was fun - Ringling Brothers circus, Oden and Fedor at Six Flags, dinner at Everett and Jones with the whole family, decorating cookies. It was also hard at times dealing with family who can frustrate and drive me crazzzy. But I think I come away feeling repentant and humbled of being so easily frustrated and impatient and critical. Yes, there seems to be a different set of rules with family where we allow ourselves to feel less bad when we lose our cool or be impatient. But while realizing my family dynamic, I also don't want to give myself a free pass to being grumpy and unapologetic. Apologies were said on both sides. I think my whole family is really moving forward in listening and communicating and changing our patterns. It helps that we're getting older :)

So all in all, I will store "29th Bday week" under "Mental Files/Personal/Happy and Warm Experiences" and recall it when I need to remember a great week. From the beach bday party to once-in-a-lifetime cupcakes to dinner with friends to feeling celebrated to everything small and big in between, it was a good one.

No comments: