Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Light traffic

Traffic across the Bay Bridge the past two weeks has been light, only slight backup at the metering lights*. Maybe because it's August and people are on vacation, and possibly because people are staying away from bridges after the MN collapse last week? Not sure but I like soaring through in the morning. Not looking forward to the entire Bridge being slowed on Labor Day wkend (first time since 1989 earthquake) but maybe I'll be in Mexico on vacation with Ms. Esther. What do you think, Esther?? :)

This morning I saw a foot or so of yellow material sticking outside the bottom of a drivers' door, flapping in the wind. As I passed, I looked up and saw the woman wearing a yellow dress. Oopsie! (and that must have been one long dress...)

I grabbed a quick dinner with Carol last night on Lakeshore - yum and good to catch up. But I felt so full after and got my roommate Ting to walk around the neighborhood with me to walk the dinner off. As we walked around, we happened upon this group of people on a street corner gathered with food and drinks. It was a neighborhood party of sorts, gathered to meet and eat and read pamphlets on public safety. I grabbed a chocolate cookie and Ting got a soda, then we walked on. Nice unplanned neighborhood moment - though we wondered who would intentionally come out at 7pm to meet strangers.

*By the way, Baby K on the Renel in the morning show, I like you and all but your traffic reports are really not that good. When you say "backed up at the Bay Bridge" that implies a back-up or cars doing the stop-and-go thing, not driving straight through the Fastrak lane at 15-20mph. I'm going to keep listening but can you improve the accuracy of your Bay Bridge traffic updates? Thanks so much, Orangecat

No comments: