Friday, August 24, 2007

Excited about new Fastrak lanes on the Bay Bridge

I'm surprised to see how excited I am about the new Fastrak lanes for the Bay Bridge to be reconfigured on Labor Day weekend. I really wanted to copy and paste the visual but it's in a secure Adobe doc so here it is. I can't wait to drive through Tuesday morning Sept. 4th.

It looks like it's going to be so much better with five lanes for Fastrak during peak traffic hours and grouped together instead of separated. And signs for the approach will be farther away hopefully increasing efficiency in Fastrak lanes and encouraging people to get Fastrak. I'm not on their marketing campaign or anything but get it people! They've made it super easy, no deposit, you can buy it at Costco or Safeway and get $10 off. Traffic would be a lot better on the bridges if more ppl had Fastrak. Fun fact, the Richmond bridge has the highest percentage of Fastrak users.

No comments: