Monday, August 27, 2007

Wkend recap

On Sat I went to Six Flags with Delilah and a family from my church Nic, Mo, and childrens. I had a free coupon plus several discount tickets so it was cheap for all. It was fun hanging with Delilah as we haven't seen each other in awhile. She found my tiger-obsession hilarious, fun, and "so (Orangecat)." I spend a good part of one workday last week researching how to become a tiger trainer and what it looks like as a career. I think I now have a realistic outlook on this career path. On the drive up, I filled her in on my info. I kept starting my sentences with "In my research..." and she would then ask questions that began "In your research..." - somehow this was very funny to us that we kept saying that phrase. We could not stop cracking up. I loved being taken seriously and not made fun of, but being able to laugh at myself too. I loved that she was honestly interested and wanted to know more.

It will still be a viable career path for me but for now I will stay where I am. The tiger option is appealing and I really think I would love to do it and it's not a escapism random job for me. But the need to relocate for school/job and the low pay doesn't match what I want in my life right now.

Sunday church was awesome with Xealot from LA coming to guest worship lead. There were a ton of people there too. And yummy Vietnamese sandwiches for lunch.

Sunday aft was Jill and Shyam's Bay Area wedding celebration in the warm backyard of Carl and Celia. I made lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting and sugar cookies decorated with Jill and Shyam phrases and images. That was fun and I'm glad my mom helped me make those last week. Freezing them and taking them out for Sunday made it much easier. Cheryl brought cool Japanese snacks and lanterns for decoration, Carl made ice cream punch which was fun to eat. All fun - congrats again J & S!

That was my first time making frosting from scratch and I had some hiccups while making them but everything turned out ok...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for a great day at Discovery Kingdom! We have a couple cute pix we still need to forward. I think it's cool that you can share your dreams with people. BTW, very yummy cupcakes/cookies!