Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Britney

Ok, I've already written a lot today so I'll just keep this short. I really like that this article was written. I agree - that Britney's performance was lethargic, eh, and sad on the Sunday night VMA's. But fat? One of the main things ppl are making fun of her about is her weight and wearing the skimpy outfit.

Girlfriend is not fat. She may not be as trim and toned as she once was but besides the fact that she had TWO babies, she's not 19 anymore. Ok, that point settled.

Two, some people agree she shouldn't be made fun of for her stomach but they think that she shouldn't have worn that outfit. Oh, so there's a police force out there that says if you're not a size 6, you can't wear certain clothes? I think she physically looked fine in the outfit - now her face looked zoned out and not present but her body looked ok.

I agree she's a trainwreck and her clothing choices in her real life are atrocious and often disturbing but for a performance outfit, I think her VMA outfit was fine. She hasn't worn that much more than in her past shows.

I'm bothered by the attention focused on her weight and "she shouldn't wear clothes like that in her shape."

No comments: