Friday, September 7, 2007

Final update for Death on the Nile

SPOILER ALERT FOR "DEATH ON THE NILE" BY AGATHA CHRISTIE

Lol, I'm sure no one cares about this book being spoiled for them. It's not one of her better-known mystery novels, just one of the collection. I finished the novel last week.

Well, gosh darn, I was right about the murderers. I know, right? I'm pretty surprised too. It was Simon who assisted in killing his wife Linnet. Jackie helped him and as it turned out, they were in love still the whole time. The catch I hadn't expected that the story behind the murder plot was Simon wanting Linnet's money, visiting Linnet in person and seeing the rich lifestyle and wanting it. He persuaded Jackie to go along with it and as she loved him, she did. Hmmm, I thought Jackie had initiated the plan.

By the end of the book, three people had been murdered on a small boat with about 20 people. That's a high ratio of murdered victims. Hercule Poirot had his work cutout for him.

No comments: