Monday, September 24, 2007

Friend-full wkend

This was one of those weekends where I wasn't completely looking forward to it because it was full with a lot of activities but it was actually exactly what I needed.

I needed to be constantly surrounded by friends, telling stories, laughing, dancing, getting a few awesome parking spots, encountering a super nice meter maid who let me off a ticket, sipping good drinks inluding the yummy Lemon Drop, spending much needed time with God at our church's silent retreat, getting to carpool and save gas, eating really really good Japanese noodles and chicken tikka masala and chow mein and sandwiches (not at the same time!), praying and worshipping God and hearing from Him, cheering Cal to another win, watching a modernized Shakespeare play in the Presidio with friends, seeing art and live music at the De Young museum, and getting highlights.

It really energized and gave me rest. Everything, all of it. Thank you God for all your blessings, for Your presence. I am so desperate for you to come in and change my life, to renew my faith and encourage me, to enlarge my vision of You and You are.

It also helped hearing Your voice to respect my tiredness and go to bed early last night. I feel rested. And more than ready for Cabo :)

No comments: