Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So glad to stay home today

I worked from home today because I had to take Mitchers and Nora to the vet. Mitch got his teeth cleaned (I need to pick him in a few hours) and Nora got a simple procedure done that I'm sure will gross anyone out if I tell you. Let's just say it is necessary, and leave it at that :) And no, it's not getting spayed/neutered. She already is and I can't remember which one goes with the girl/boy.

I felt so tired and it was nice to be able to nap a bit. I still had to wake up early and get them to the vet around 8:30am but the day was more flexible. Because my phone can give me my email, I feel pretty mobile. Though I haven't checked my work voicemail yet - eh, I'll do it tomorrow.

Did I mention I gave Nora a bath on Sunday? She's now soft and clean, her second bath ever and first by me. She only scratched a little and then just stood there, heart racing a little, while I shampooed and washed her. I dried her with a towel but she was still really wet. She went to dry herself and then she was so soft and clean. I think it really helped doing it in the shower, with the curtain closed and only a little bit of space. She stopped trying to jump after a couple of times. She kept trying to tuck into a small space by my legs, to hide. Cute little Nora.

Jill, Shyam, and I saw David Cross and others do a stand-up show last night. He was funny but on last and I was so wiped out, I had to put my elbow on the table to not fall asleep. I don't remember the drive home or coming into my apt. I wasn't drunk just really tired. Though those two cosmo's were good too. Paul Tompkins was sooo funny. He's been on VH1's Best Week Ever and did this completely funny riff on JetBlue and how some people are obsessed with it. David Cross did not do any Arrested Development jokes :( but he was funny esp on this set of Mormon jokes. Nico Santos opened/hosted and he had some hilarious Filipino/SF jokes but only me and Jill were laughing at most of them bc the audience was WHITE and maybe thought they couldn't laugh or didn't get it or something. Seriously me and Jill were cracking up and people around us were not. He talked about how he sells womens designer shoes in Bloomingdale's and every day someone asks him if he's Jimmy Choo. He said, "Yes, I take time out of my busy schedule to come sell you shoes." HA HA Hmmm... maybe the audience did think he was Jimmy Choo.

Yey to not commuting today...

No comments: