Friday, September 21, 2007

Completely unconnected thoughts

1) I think I have discovered the most concentrated sugar item ever - BlowPops. Sugar gum with sugar crystals enveloped in a sugar shell. Hey, I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

2) It is so hard to find a freeway onramp in Oakland especially in West Oakland. Do I need a master's in City Planning to drive around Telegraph and West MacArthur and hope to get on the freeway? I wasn't especially in a rush to get to work this morning after my appt and was fine crusing for 15 minutes before backtracking to my own apt to get on the 580 West but goodness gracious people. Who designed these cities?

3) I've felt out of whack this week. Too many things going on at night, good friend-full things but just a lot. I want to stay home for a week. Do I still have to work? Oh shoot, yes I do. I have not yet discovered a way for my cats to earn their own keep so someone has to pay for their kitty litter and fake mousies. Hee hee.

4) I know some TV shows are just horrible on a social level but they are the few shows I laugh out loud to. Beauty and the Geek is just soo funny bc the people aren't trying to be funny. This week premiered the new season and one geek said, "I'm a software engineer" and no joke, this cute perky chick says, "Um, does... that have to do with computers?" HA HA. Now I'm not as smart as the geeks but the wiiiiddddeee divide between the two groups is just so funny. In the interview process, they asked the beauties who won the Civil War. Some responses were "Who fought in it?" and "We did! America wins everything!" ROFL.

And America's Next Top Model started its new season Wed night and I love that show. I love how the judges pretend like these girls will actually be models. I love Tyra's plain craziness and "keeping it real." This time they started off a cruise ship and I was totally checking the ship out for details. "Ooh, is that how fancy the dining room will be? Will ours have an ice rink too?" It was a different line than ours but got me excited anyway.

And I agree with Potes, a writer for Television Without Pity, who says that most of her knowledge about weaves comes from ANTM and Tyra's constant talking about them. I am definitely expanded my weave knowledge from watching this show. They should give it as an elective in college.

No comments: