Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Good Saturday

Good weekend, full of friends and good times. On Saturday I had nothing planned and was wondering what I was going to do. I ended up taking a hard strength training class at the gym, going to the farmer's market and stocking up on fresh fruit/veggies and flowers, and getting a pedicure before heading home to watch Cal beat Tennessee (GO BEARS!). I was so sore from the class, I think just today I can finally sit down normally.


I really really like the farmer's market. I love collecting fresh strawberries and blackberries and cherry tomatos as I manuever around strollers and young hippies. I love eating juicy peach slices from the sample area of the peach/nectarine sellers.


I love watching people sell things they created or farmed, often looking like they're doing what they love. They've found their passion and are making a living doing it. I love the same stands week after week, like kettle corn and flowers (I got two sets of dahlias this time) and mixed greens with edible flowers.




But I also discovering the new stands like the spinach bolani Afghan bread with tasty hummus. I wanted the cilantro pesto but they were out so I settled for the sun-dried tomato hummus. I loved bargaining with the seller as it was the end of the market day and he threw in another bag of spinach bolani.




I really love going to the farmer's market. I'm trying to do more things that I really enjoy, that make me happy, discovering the simple pleasures in life that cost little but energize and fill me. A good workout then a refreshing shower, being outside in the sun in a community buying food that's so good for you, leisurely reading on my bed in the daylight, laughing with friends, watching tigers play and splash. So many good things.


(Pictures from Jim C. on Yelp.com, Acclaim Images, Dahlia.com, and FreeFoto.com)

No comments: