Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Trying to actually work at work

I'm not logging into gmail until noon to give myself the chance to actually, you know, work. (Hmmm... does blogging count as work? Maybe I can't be weaned from everything all at once, baby steps). Once I get into the routine of spending a significant amount of time on personal stuff at work, it's hard to break the habit. So I'm trying my best today - will not open personal email account until noon. But I am blogging so... yeah, just go with my efforts people. If you need to urgently communicate a message, you can text me.

Fastrak lanes farther than 50 yards from the tollbooth will now be officially called Sucker Lanes. Just as in the old system, the lane to the right of the Sucker Lanes continues into a Fastrak lane before the tollbooth and is the ideal lane. Let me warn you, avoid the Sucker Lanes if you want to actually move.

I posted my profile on a couple online dating sites this past week and all kinds of anxiety and stress come up for me with that (dealing with that...). But I have to say, knowing how to read is very attractive to me. If I clearly politely state on my profile that I'm not interested in any men outside the San Francisco Bay Area and you live in Brooklyn NY or Texas or wherever, then sending me a "flirt" or "I'm interested" message just annoys me. It does not knock me over with attraction for you as I suddenly fall to my chair in a heightened sense of romance, dizzy with the possibility of a long-distance relationship. Don't want it people. Please learn to read.

I sound grumpy. Maybe I am. I feel grumpy a lot lately, feel mixed about work and all. I feel like I'm in a stage waiting for the next thing to happen. That makes some sense bc I'm planning a big move (for me) into my church neighborhood in the next few months. I'm such a do-er. I feel half constantly moving, wanting change and improvement, looking for the next project or task or exciting event. But I'm also equally half wanting to create a warm sit-still space, to just be, chill, be alone, to stop running around and instead spend the entire day indoors doing almost nothing. Maybe my first energetic half is trying to create the other half's do-nothing space. I'm constantly going back and forth, equally quiet and prayerful and chilled, and then motivated, planner, organized, group coordinator.

Put THAT into an online dating profile, why don't I...

No comments: